Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Still not okay.

Going from last night's post, I'm still pretty bothered.

I had been doing pretty well with my sleep schedule. I'd been getting a good 8-9 hours every night. But this whole thing had been eating at me all night, I think I got 5 hour max. Not good for my health; less sleep, more episodes.

You know, thinking about this objectively, it would be helpful to know where I was and what I was doing during the month I don't remember. Which would be mostly from late December to late January. I wasn't in contact with my doctors then, but if anything happened that could have made me worse, I should be aware of it. I say “don't remember”, but it's more accurate to say I have a very dim recall of the events. I have vague, general impressions of place, but not detail.

Months ago, before I got incredibly sick, I was having smaller chunks of memory loss. Emma suggested I record where I go so I don't forget. So I had a record of what I was doing.


I should look into the things that I brought back with me to school, like my travel backpack. And go back through these entries; maybe I mention where I am, where I'm going. If nothing else, I should make it explicit from here on out.  

Speaking of which, I'm headed to my hometown for a few days. If anyone's reading, any suggestions on what I should look for while I'm there? You probably have a better sense of continuity about that than I do. 

(Final note: still having problems with language. I apologize if this has made limited sense.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to think that you shouldn't go anywhere by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As depressing as that may sound, I think you're probably right. The problem is that I'm pretty isolated, and I don't really have anybody in my life that I can spend a lot of time with and who can keep track of me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Emma's a fantastic friend, but she moved several states away some time ago to be closer to her family. Even if we did live nearby, she still takes care of her niece fairly regularly. I wouldn't want to put that extra burden on her.

      Delete