Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Well

It's been a while.

I'd like to say that I had a good reason for disappearing on this project.

The problem is I just can't remember.

I wish I could say that it makes me excited, or makes me nervous, or makes me sick with fear. Or rather, I wish I could remember why looking at these past entries makes me feel this way.

Memory problems are pretty much par per course, if my doctors and the medication warning are to be believed.

But most of all, I wish I could remember between the last time stamp and this one.

Logically, I know what happened. I must have gone back to my hometown. Visited my family.

Then I came back to the city. Gone back to school. But all of my projects this semester aren't even remotely related to … whatever I was doing last semester.

I don't even know where to begin to look. I don't know if I want to try. I don't know if it's worth the effort; it would essentially be reconstructing a month or more of my life. Was all of this so important?

I think the medicine is helping. I'm having fewer problems remembering.

It's just the month before is kind of a hole. I'm missing my research notebook. I'm missing my camera. I still have my wallet, keys, and bag, though.

Things are getting better, and things are getting worse. I remember this month. But language and communicating is harder, and my coordination is shot. I'm sleeping better, I have fewer headaches. I'm not having nearly as many seizures.

I need some time. Maybe I can figure out why this seemed so important. Maybe I'll find my last work notes.


If any one is there, if anyone is reading … please, say something. Anything. Did I drag you into anything? Is everyone okay?  

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again, I don't know much, only what you wrote in the entry The Demon Lover. If you are continuing to figure out what happened, please be careful! Others have lost time and memories, similar things are happening around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate this. I mean, I know other people are experiencing what I'm experiencing, as it's pretty common for the medical condition. But are you suggesting that my health problems are actually related to my research? I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound incredulous, I'm just curious. At this point, I'm willing to look into any angle.

      Delete
  2. It is good to see that you are posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad to be here. It was kind of a near thing that I wasn't around anymore.

      Delete